The GP Synergy Research and Evaluation Unit was formed in 2016. The vision for the unit is to be a major contributor to Australian and international educational research, and for research outcomes to inform the education and training of GP registrars.
The unit works with medical educators, supervisors and registrars to:
- ensure the collection of data that is relevant to clinical and educational research by engaging our stakeholders in GP Synergy’s translational research model
- conduct rigorous research into GP education and training that is of local, national and international significance
- contribute to the evidence-based practice of GP education and training by disseminating the results of research
- conduct rigorous evaluation of GP Synergy’s education and training activities to inform continuous improvement and ensure GP Synergy delivers education and training of the highest standards
- mentor medical educators, supervisors and registrars in the acquisition of research skills and experience
The unit’s activities are central to GP Synergy’s Research and Evaluation Strategic Plan.